2022-2023 Call for Nominations
This Fellowship is being offered AY 23-24. Previous year applications did not meet the gift requirement. Please speak with Lynda Classenn to verify your research aligns with the Mandeville Special Collections Library. The first review of candidates will be in April 2023 if no eligible candidates come forward the fellowship will remain open through May 26th, 2023.
The Kenneth & Dorothy Hill Fellowship provides support for doctoral graduate students whose work centrally entails research in the Special Collections at the UC San Diego Library. This year's awardee will receive a stipend of $12,000.
- Eligible doctoral students may come from the Humanities, Social Sciences, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Biomedical Sciences, and Neurosciences.
- Award recipient must meet all eligibility requirements for fellowship funding at the time of the award disbursement.
- Departments/programs may nominate up to two (2) eligible doctoral students via this Google Form (Single Sign-On is required) and upload all required supporting documents as .pdf files at the end of the Google form.
- If nominating more than one student, please submit a separate Google Nomination Form for each nominee.
- Note: Before nominating any student, the department/program should have the student contact Lynda Claassen to confirm their eligibility and use of the materials available at the Mandeville Special Collections Library.
- Nomination supporting materials to include:
- Nominee's statement of proposed research demonstrates that a significant portion of the research will be in the Mandeville Special Collections Library.
- Two signed letters of recommendation from faculty.
Emailed nominations will NOT be accepted.
January 3oth 2023 - May 26th 2023.
We have not received any nominee whose research aligns with the award criteria and eligibility requirements.
|Year of Award||Recipient Name||Academic Home Department|