Departments can nominate applicants that they wish to admit for Diversity Fellowships in Slate. Applicants may be nominated for the following diversity fellowships:
|Tribal Membership Initiative (TMI)|
|Sloan Scholar (Physics & JSOE only)|
For each department, the Graduate Coordinators (or anyone with a Graduate Coord./Admin role) will be the ones move applications from bin to bin, similar to the admission process in Slate. To select applicants your department wishes to nominate:
- First, go into the reader tool and click on the "Fellowships" Workflow. Go to the "Browse" tab to view all the bins:
- The "Applicants" bin will hold all applicants that have been nominated by the department for admission. This bin is where you will go to select the students that you wish to nominate for the fellowships.
- There is no review form in the "Applicants" bin. You will simply be moving the applications to the "Short-List" bin. To move the desired applicants to the next bin, begin by searching their name in the "Search" tab and click on the paper icon to the right of the application.
- This will take you directly into the application. Click on the Applicant name and Applicant ID on the top left of the page, which will prompt a window to pop up. Then click on the "Edit Bin/Queue" button.
- Under the "Bin" drop-down, select the next bin that you will need to move the application to. This will need to be the "Dept Fellowship Review - Short-List" option. Do not send the application to any other bin, as a review form will need to be submitted by the department from the Short-List bin.
- Add any Readers that you wish to have complete the review (this may be yourself if you are going to be completing the form) form and click "Save" when finished.
- Applications that you have narrowed down will now be in the "Short-List" bin. This bin is where you will go to select which fellowship you wish to grant to the applicants.
- First, add all of the applicants to your queue (if you have not done so previously) so that you will be able to access the Review Form. You may do this by clicking all of the applications, followed by clicking the "Add to Queue" button on the top right of the screen.
- Once all of the applicants have been added to your queue, you can start reviewing. Go into a student's application and click the "Review Form / Send to Bin" on the bottom right of the screen. The Review Form will pop up.
- Select the Fellowship you wish to nominate the student for and then click "Send" when you have finished.
- After completing this process, send the Fellowship nominations to the "Nominations" bin for the Fellowship Review Committee to view. Students nominated by the Fellowship Committee will be sent to the "Awarded" bin.