Each year, the Western Association of Graduate Schools (WAGS) partners with ProQuest to solicit nominees in four award categories. This prestigious regional competition is an important opportunity for your institution to showcase innovation and creativity by your graduate students. WAGS member institutions may only submit one nomination for each of the award categories. We encourage you to take the time to prepare a nomination for any of the four awards.
The 2021-2022 recipient for each award will receive $1,000, a Certificate of Award, and travel expenses for the recipient to attend the WAGS Annual Conference and Awards luncheon to be held in Denver, Colorado on March 20-23, 2022.
WAGS/ProQuest Award Categories
This award is given for the development of innovative technology in a thesis or dissertation and its utilization for the creative solution of a major problem. This award recognizes distinguished scholarly achievement at the master's or doctoral level.
This award recognizes distinguished scholarly achievement at teh master's level in STEM disciplines: biological sciences, mathematical sciences, physical sciences, life sciences and engineering.
This award recognizes distinguished scholarly achievement at the master’s level the Humanities, Social Sciences, Education, and Business Disciplines.
This award recognizes distinguished scholarly and creative arts’ achievement at the master’s level in Creative, Visual, and Performing Arts Disciplines.
- Nominators are required to prepare/upload the following materials listed below as one PDF document.
- Nomination materials must also be assembled in the same order listed below, and use the following naming convention: "Nominee's Last Name_Nominee's Institution_WAGSCreative.pdf"
- Check specific award type for additional nomination material criteria
- Graduate Departments/Programs can each submit up to two nominations for each award ( to be confirmed)
- All nominations must be submitted to the UC San Diego WAGS Applicant Intake Form for Graduate Students no later than August 25, 2021 at 5:00 p.m PST.
- The Graduate Division will review all submissions and select one application to nominate for each award category. (to be confirmed)
- Each WAGS member institution may submit only one nomination for each of the four award Categories.
- Awards will be determined by WAGS in December 2021.
The submission deadline for all nominations is August 25, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. PST.
List coming soon!