- Letter from the department chair or graduate advisor containing:
- An evaluation of the nominee's graduate performance to date and potential for future contributions to research or artistic activity in the student's discipline.
- Other support the student is receiving and the student's financial need, if any.
- Contribution the student has made, if any, to promoting promote international friendship, understanding, and cooperation at UCSD.
- Program ranking, if more than one student is nominated.
- Statement from the nominee
- Two-page maximum
- In the statement, the nominee should describe their qualifications for the award, graduate study, career plans, financial need, past and proposed contributions to promoting international friendship and understanding at UCSD.
- A willingness to volunteer and/or participate in Friends programs is encouraged though not a requirement.
- Student's vitae with current email and mailing address.
- Student's current transcript. (Unofficial is acceptable.)
- Thursday, February 2627, 2020
- Please submit nominations to email@example.com
- Only department submissions will be accepted; students and faculty must work with their departments and may not self-nominate.
- The Friends will select the scholars shortly thereafter