- The selection of students for the 2022-23 scholarships will be made by a committee, in consultation with a representative from the former FIC.
- Up to 15 graduate scholarships fellowships of $2,000 each will be awarded for 2022-23.
- Each graduate academic program may nominate a maximum of three of two outstanding eligible graduate students for the Friends these awards.
- Nominees must be enrolled full-time in a UC San Diego matriculating graduate degree conferring program.
- UC San Diego graduate students planning to conduct research or study abroad. (The review committee is aware that the coronavirus pandemic has significantly impacted travel and will consider future intention to conduct research or study abroad as fulfilling this criterion.)
- Foreign graduate students in residence at UC San Diego during 2022-23.
- Students must have a distinguished academic record.
- The student must have completed one year of full-time graduate study for the Ph.D., D.M.A., M.F.A., or M.P.I.A. at UCSD UC San Diego by the time of award.
- Students must be registered for a full-time program of study and research in 2022-23 at UC San Diego or, in the case of foreign student nominees, will be on campus at UC San Diego in 2022-23.
- Students who promote international friendship, understanding, and cooperation in a meaningful way.
- The following degree programs are not eligible:
- School of Medicine M.D. (currently listed)
- Skaggs School of Pharmacy Pharm.D. and Masters Degree in Drug Development & Product Management
- Rady School of Management M.B.A.
If your department will nominate two or more students, please ranks your nominees with #1 being the strongest candidate.