- Nominee CV (3-page max)
- Student Statement (1-page max)
- This statement should be written by the nominee and should demonstrate a record of advancing issues of inclusion, equity, and diversity; actively supporting underrepresented communities; and shows commitment to pursuing these efforts throughout their career.
- Format of the statement should be single-spaced with one-inch margins and be typed in Calibri 11-point font.
- Two letters of support from Faculty
- One of these letters must be from the student’s advisor
- The letters must address the student’s performance and potential as an exceptional academic and comment on the likelihood that the student will pursue a professoriate path after receiving their PhD.
A department may nominate as many students as they deem appropriate. For document submission please follow the next steps.
Please note there were no fellows selected for the 2021-22 academic year.
Question: The requirement states students must have advanced to candidacy prior to being selected for the fellowship, by what date must a student advance in order to qualify?
Answer:The fellowship nomination review and selection process will begin the day after the listed deadline, so nominees should have advanced to candidacy by the nomination due date and this should be apparent in the Graduate Division's student database. Nominees who have not advanced by the start of the review process will not be considered.