- The selection of students for the scholarships will be made by the Friends Scholarship Committee.
- Up to 30 graduate scholarships of $2,000 each will be awarded.
- Each graduate academic program may nominate a maximum of three outstanding graduate students for the Friends awards
- Graduate Nominees must be enrolled full-time in a UC San Diego matriculating graduate degree conferring program.
- UC San Diego graduate students planning to conduct research or study abroad. (The Scholarship Committee is aware that the coronavirus pandemic has significantly impacted travel and will consider future intention to conduct research or study abroad as fulfilling this criterion.) Nominees must be enrolled full-time in a UC San Diego matriculating graduate degree conferring program.
- Foreign graduate students in residence at UC San Diego during 2021-22.
- Students must have a distinguished academic record.
- The student must have completed one year of full-time graduate study for the Ph.D., D.M.A., M.F.A., or M.P.I.A. at UCSD by the time of award.
- Students must be registered for a full-time program of study and research in 2021-22 at UC San Diego or, in the case of foreign student nominees, will be on campus at UC San Diego in 2021-22.
- Students who promote international friendship, understanding, and cooperation in a meaningful way.
- U.S. graduate students participating in a University of California EAP program should apply through the Study Abroad office (http://studyabroad.ucsd.edu/ ).
- The following degree programs are not eligible:
- School of Medicine M.D. (currently listed)
- Skaggs School of Pharmacy Pharm.D. and Masters Degree in Drug Development & Product Management
- Rady School of Management M.B.A.