20192020-2020 2021 Call for Nominations
Table of Contents
- This prize is available to incoming Ph.D. graduate students in all graduate academic programs who will commence graduate study at UC San Diego in Fall of 20202021.
- Five Katzin Prizes will be awarded to outstanding incoming Ph.D. students for 2020-21 in any of the following divisions:
- Nominate and confirm the applicant for admission in Slate
- Faculty Nomination Letter
- Financial Support Letter
- Include details about the multi-year support package offered by the department
- The financial commitment offered to the student should adhere to the provisions outlined in the Graduate Student Funding Reform Memo. For more details about this, please visit the Graduate Division Collab website.
If the above materials are not submitted on Slate by the deadline, the student's application packet will not be considered for that round.
For more instructions on how to nominate your students in Slate, see Graduate Admission's Slate User Guide for Nominating Students in the Fellowship Workflow.
Note: When nominating students for the Katzin Prize in Slate, use the Fellowship - Department Nomination Form and Letter material type. See screenshot below:
If one of your nominees is selected but ultimately decides to pursue studies at another institution, the department may not nominate another prospective student.
There will be two deadlines. Programs will be notified of successful candidates within two weeks and will be expected to make efforts to encourage the student to commit to UC San Diego in a timely fashion.
- The first deadline is January 30February 4, 20202021.
- The second deadline is February 27March 4, 20202021.
The following information was sent to the Graduate Coordinators and Graduate Chair listserv.