- Nominees must be enrolled full-time in a UC San Diego matriculating graduate degree conferring program.
- UC San Diego graduate students planning to conduct research or study abroad. (The review committee is aware that the coronavirus pandemic has significantly impacted travel and will consider future intention to conduct research or study abroad as fulfilling this criterion.)
- Graduate students in residence at UC San Diego during 2022-23 (Any Nationality).
- Students must have a distinguished academic record.
- The student must have completed one year of full-time graduate study for the Ph.D., D.M.A., M.F.A., or M.P.I.A. at UC San Diego by the time of award. Academic PhD's or Masters Students who are obtaining the highest degree level in their field study.
- Students must be registered for a full-time program of study and research in 2022-23 at UC San Diego or, in the case of foreign student nominees, will be on campus at UC San Diego in 2022-23.
- Students who promote international friendship, understanding, and cooperation in a meaningful way.
- The following degree programs are not eligible:
- School of Medicine M.D. (currently listed)
- Skaggs School of Pharmacy Pharm.D. and Masters Degree in Drug Development & Product Management
- Rady School of Management M.B.A.
may nominate ONLY two (2) students, please ranks your nominees with #1 being the strongest candidate.
Please submit the following for each student applicant: