- Letter from the department chair or graduate advisor containing:
- An evaluation of the nominee's graduate performance to date and potential for future contributions to research or artistic activity in the student's discipline.
- Other support the student is receiving and the student's financial need, if any.
- Contribution the student has made, if any, to promote international friendship, understanding, and cooperation at UC San Diego.
- Program ranking, if more than one student is nominated.
- Statement from the nominee
- Two-page maximum
- In the statement, the nominee should describe their qualifications for the award, graduate study, career plans, financial need, past and proposed contributions to promoting international friendship and understanding at UC San Diego. The nominee should also explain their intended use of the award.
- A willingness to volunteer, mentor and/or pay it forward with their peers is encouraged though not a requirement.
- A willingness to meet with one or more of their donors is encouraged though not a requirement.
- Student's vitae with current email and mailing address.
- Student's current transcript. (Unofficial is acceptable.)
- TuesdayMonday, March 2928, 2022
- Only department submissions will be accepted; students and faculty must work with their departments and may not self-nominate.
- Generally, the call for nominations happens annually in February, this past year's process was delayed due to the pandemic.
- Scholars will be selected shortly thereafter
- Department representatives should submit nominations via the Google Form linked below: