- Forms must be initiated by the graduate coordinator or program staff member.
- Go to https://docusign.ucsd.edu. From the homepage, click on the "Templates" tab at the top of the page.
- On the left side click on the dropdown arrow next to the 3rd header, “SHARED FOLDERS,” and then click on the folder, “Graduate Division.” This brings up all Graduate Division form templates listed below.
- Identify the desired form, click on the blue “USE” button to the right of the form name. This brings up a Recipient form/list to fill out.
- The coordinator enters his/her own name and email address, as well as the names and institutional email addresses of the faculty who need to sign the form.
- NOTE: You will need to delete recipient fields that are not applicable. For example, on doctoral forms there are fields for up to 7 committee members; you will need to delete any extra by clicking on the X to the right of the text field.
- Be sure to use the official active directory email addresses for all UC San Diego personnel (@ucsd.edu only, no special domains). The DocuSign account is linked to the active directory email address.
- If an alias or special domain address is used you will not be able to login to DocuSign to check the status of your forms.
- Modify The student's name auto-populates into the "Email Subject" line at the bottom of the Recipient form. Modify this line to include the student's major code and PID either before or after the Student Name field (displayed as [[Student_UserName]]), being careful not to delete the Student Name field (eg: "Doctoral Final Report – AN75 A23456789 Student Name – Action Required"). This will assist program staff and Graduate Division in organizing forms.
- Once all appropriate faculty names and institutional email addresses are entered, click the blue "SEND" button at the bottom of the page. The form can be filled out immediately via the pop-up box with the “Sign Now” button. Alternatively, an email is sent to the coordinator with a link to access the form.
- The coordinator clicks on the link in the email message, OR can go directly to the DocuSign "Inbox" or "Action Required" tab and click on the blue "Sign" button.
- Once the form is filled out, click the yellow "Finish" button and the form routes to the designated faculty.
- Once all required signatures are collected the form is automatically routed to the Graduate Division.
- The coordinator is able to track the status of the form by clicking on "Waiting for Others" on the left side of the DocuSign homepage.
- To resend a form, click on the "RESEND" button to the right of the form name. It will resend to all parties whose signatures are pending.