New for April 2022: Please see the following updates regarding the Oath/Patent dates when uploading Mass Hires.
Division of Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs, along with the Campus UCPath team, is facilitating Mass Hires into UCPath for Graduate Students appointed to Academic titles. Follow the steps below to complete training and get access to the submission workflow.
Currently, you must have a minimum total of 10 new hire/concurrent records per file upload to utilize this process.
Our goal is process mass hires ahead of the proposed service period, in accordance with UC and UCPath policy.
- Recommended Contact Date: If you need training, we recommend contacting the Graduate Student Employment team two weeks before the QCU deadline. This will give you time to complete the training, prepare your spreadsheet, and meet with the Employment team to complete the orientation. (Note: if you attended the hosted training on 06/16/21, you do not need to complete additional training, and can schedule your 15-minute orientation with the Employment team) (4 weeks prior to the monthly payroll deadline)
- QCU Queue: This is the deadline to submit a spreadsheet to the Graduate Student Employment team for review and submission. (2 weeks prior to the monthly payroll deadline)
- Review Period: During this time, the Graduate Student Employment team will review your spreadsheet for quality control and will work with you to make corrections as needed.
- Submit to CCP: This is the date that the Graduate Student Employment team will submit the files to Core Central Payroll for submission to UCPath. (1 week prior to the monthly payroll deadline)
- Monthly Payroll Deadline: Employee data change deadline. Find links to the Payroll Processing Schedule on the UCPath website or the Transactor Resources page.
|Month||Recommended Contact Date||QCU Queue||Review Period Begins||Submit to CCP||Monthly Payroll Deadline|
Join the Graduate Student Financial Support (previously Graduate Student Employment) team in Microsoft Teams
- Navigate to the Mass Hires Orientation channel
- Review the training video, presentation slides, and spreadsheet template in the Files tab.
Create a spreadsheet with your hires. You will be able to check for accuracy, completeness of data, and ask questions when you meet with the Employment team.
Meet with Graduate Student Employment Team to complete orientation and review spreadsheet. Tag an Employment Coordinator using the @ symbol.
After the meeting with the Employment team, you will be added to the "Mass Hires - Academic Students" Team in Microsoft Teams. This is the method we use for submitting files to CCP and UCPC.