Changes in Progress
Effective June 1, 2022, graduate sponsored proposal submissions and award setup will route directly to OCGA.
The Division of Graduate Education FSU is working closely with OSI and OCGA to update workflow and customer resources (web pages, collab spaces, FAQs, etc.). Our teams will be working together to announce/communicate the details of these changes more broadly in newsletters and various meetings/town halls very soon!
We thank you in advance for your patience and look forward to working together in support of our students and campus partners to bring in additional fellowship and research funding for our amazing graduates!
Before taking any action, please become familiar with the information and resources at: Preparing Proposals (Blink)
Kuali Research is the campus system used to submit sponsored funding proposals and facilitate award setup. For more information, see Kuali Research (Blink).
Proposals must be created and processed through Kuali Research in order for the designated Sponsored Research Office to review and submit to the sponsor.
If a proposal submission or application is successful and the student is selected for the award, a Kuali Record will be required to process the notice of award (NOA), award setup, contract setup (including invoicing and/or posting the cash receivable from the sponsor), project setup (required for posting expenses to financial ledgers), and AIDIDs (required for processing stipend/fee payments).
Kuali records also track how many students are submitting applications (and to what sponsors), and, to ensure a smooth award life cycle (NOA > Contract > Cash Receivables > PTAF > AIDID).
The complete, finalized KR record is required ahead of the sponsor deadline.
Refer to important Proposal Submission Timelines guidance to ensure your proposal receives institutional review by the SPO and is submitted accurately and by the sponsor deadline.
A UCSD staff member must create the Kuali record on behalf of the graduate student.
- If a faculty mentor is formally included as a key person on the proposal to the agency, it is a common practice that the faculty mentor's fund manager will create the Kuali Record for the student applying for the fellowship.
- Ex: NIH F31, American Heart Association Predoctoral Fellowship
- If a faculty mentor is not formally identified on the proposal, a fiscal or research department contact (like an research assistant, financial manager, MSO or graduate coordinator) within the student's academic home department may create the Kuali Record for the student applying for the fellowship.
- Fulbright-Hays DDRA, Dolores Zorhab Liebmann, etc.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the below support – a Services & Support ticket will be opened and routed to the OCGA team. Always cc: the staff contact that will assist the graduate student with preparing the proposal/KR record (PI's fund manager, academic home department research assistant or graduate coordinator, etc.).
- you have already identified a funding opportunity and would like to submit a proposal application
- you have received a notice of award and need signatures or other award set-up actions
- you need assistance with NIH just-in-time (JIT) requests or fellowship activation
- you need assistance interpreting sponsor guidance
- you need access to federal systems/tools for submission (grants.gov, ASSIST, eRA commons, etc.)
If you have not identified an opportunity and are looking for assistance finding fellowship opportunities, Email email@example.com - a Services & support ticket will be outed and routed to the Graduate Financial Support team.